MRT Link Engine Management range....
MRT Performance are distributors
for LINK ECU's and associated products. Used by our rally team and many other top
motorsport teams around the world (including multiple
National Group N rally Champion Cody Crocker). Link offer a huge range of direct
swap plug in ECU's, such as Impreza WRX, Liberty / Legacy turbo, Mazda Miata,
Nissan GTR and 200 sx, plus more.
- Wire-in Engine Management
Flexible systems designed to be installed in virtually any application where an electronically controlled engine is fitted.
Fully configurable and come with a multi-purpose loom.
- Plug-in Engine Management
These systems built for a specific application. There is very little installation required as they plug into the factory connectors and are installed in place of the factory circuit board inside the original ECU housing.
Like the wire in systems they are fully adjustable using the Remote Tuning Module. ECU
- Tuning Tools and Other Devices
Link ancillary devices retune the factory engine management system when it is operational and requires minor adjustment.
SerialLink, LamdaLink, PrintLink, DataTrap, Remote Tuning Module and more...
looms to plug from your standard engine harness to a LINK ECU.
For more information
about Link Plus G2 - New G2 "Engine and Firmware
Products are available for
on-line at the MRT-Shop.
Hundreds of items with photos available now. Both Australian and
International shipping is no problem.
Engine Management "Wired in" ECU's
There are two “wire-in” systems available. The more modest of the two is simply called the “Link Engine Management” system while the “LinkPlus Engine Management” system is the more powerful, fully configured system. Both systems offer fully mapped fuel, ignition and boost control.
The Link Engine Management System has a very competitive purchase price plus
is able to be installed by a careful / knowledgeable home enthusiast.
Alternatively a professional installer can install the Link Engine Management
System in minimal time. Engines can often be tuned without the aid of a dyno
thereby reducing costs further. Possible due to the ease of the Remote Tuning
Module as opposed to adapting a Laptop PC. Some road applications are tuned in
under 2 hours.
Link Engine Management.
The Link Engine Management System is digital, microprocessor based, expandable
and offering the following:
- Modular design
- Expandable system can be reconfigured to higher specification at a later date.
- Simple Installation only seven wires to connect.
- Easy access to Fuel & Engine Ignition Maps default settings allow Most Engines start and run, in as little as 30 minutes.
- Soft RPM Limits Limits 200 rpm early to ensure smooth rev limiting.
- Over Boost Limit Prevents engine damage
- Cold Start Control, Automatic once tuned.
- Acceleration Enrichment Control gives excellent throttle response.
- Closed Loop Lambda allows Optimisation of performance and economy - with a self tune feature.
- Electronic Boost Control Set boost every 500 rpm with full ballistic control
- Multicoil Driving Up to three igniters without additional hardware.
- RPM Switch For either VTEC or shift light.
- MAP (Manifold Pressure) and TPS (throttle position) dependant, Air Flow Meter not required. Run MAP only or MAP & TPS for boost control or low vacuum applications.
- Fuel Pump Control Fuel pump automatically primes and runs with the engine.
- Configurable Factory distributors and Crank Angle can usually be used without alteration.
- Cooling Fan Control for temperature for the radiator fan to activate
The Link System comes with a 1.5 meter breakout loom, detailed instruction book and FREE technical support from MRT.
LinkPlus Engine Management
The LinkPlus Engine Management system is the more powerful solution.
- Eight Ignition Drives either distributor or multi-coil (up to eight
- Two RPM Switches Manifold, Cam, VTEC, shift light - 2 drives available.
Tachometer Drive Use factory low level tacho.
- Purge Control Evacuate charcoal canister for emissions purposes.
- Water Spray Cool inlet air temperature via the intercooler.
- Air Conditioning Switching Switches on A/C after idle speed
- Air Conditioning Fan Controls A/C fan when A/C is on.
- Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Adjusts fuel for hot conditions & turns
water spray on.
- Transmission Inhibitor Switch Stops idle speed control “loading up”
engine when drive selected.
- Shift Light Alert driver to high RPM. If RPM switches are free then
optionally configure to be a three stage shift light.
Data logging Up to half hour data recording of major inputs and
- Dual Zone Maps For different fuels or conditions
- Idle Speed Control All factory idle speed controllers supported (solenoid
or stepper motor).
- Closed Loop Knock Control Automatically tunes the advance curve and
monitors engine “noise” (one or two knock sensors).
In Engine Management ECU's
factory computer and plug in a fully adjustable Link Engine Management System in
its place its that simple. The engine will start and then you can choose how you
wish to modify the many options you now have! RPM, Boost, Fuel and more.
Link Plug-In Engine Management Systems are application specific and designed
to fit within the factory ECU box. Dedicated software is supplied which is
written for the particular vehicle installation. All applicable features of the
Wire-In Systems are incorporated into the Plug-In Systems.
- Custom installation as the Link system is inside the factory
- Plug-In Fast reliable installation, car integrity is retained.
- Sometimes the complete installation can take place without lifting the
- Uses 100% factory sensors.
- Discrete & Unobtrusive Easily removed without trace.
- Removable system in car. Later selling the system separately from the
vehicle is an option.
Dedicated Software Plug-In systems have software written specifically for
each application with good safe settings as a starting point for further set up
The system can even be easily test driven prior to purchase!
- No wiring modifications.
- Ease of system installation and vehicle servicing as it uses all Factory
- Tuning Use our tuning tools.
- Custom Software Special programmes e.g. Antilag, water spray, high boost
applications etc, available for additional charge.
- GTR R32 - 34
- GTS - T only R32 - 4
- 300Z 1990 - 5
- Sylvia S13
- Sylivia s14 - 5
- RS Liberty and LegacyImpreza Turbo Ver 1 - 2 (1996)
- Impreza Turbo Ver 3 - 4 (1997 - 98)
also suits 22b (please specify)
- Impreza Turbo Ver 5 - 6 (1999 - 00)
also suits Forester GT (please specify)
- Impreza Turbo Ver 7 (2001 on) "bug eye"
with tumbel inlet valves
- Impreza Turbo Ver 7 (2001 on) "bug eye"
with Variable Cam control
NOTE: Subaru, please also specify
of origin, as plugs and wire's vary
- MiataLink 1.6 inc boost and knock control
- MiataLink 1.8 up to 1999 inc boost
and knock control
- Turbo 1.8 1999 inc extra injector ign
retard and boost control
- 323 1.8 DOHC 4WD
- Lancer EVO 1 - 3
- Lancer EVO 4 - 5
- Lancer EVO 6 9does not fit OE ecu housing)
- LS1 engine Generation 3
- Integra 1996 - 98 B18C
- Civic 1996 - 98 B18C
- Civic 1992 - 95 B16A
ECU Tuning Tips
for downloadable PDF files
on these products
Copyright © 1995-2007. All
MRT Performance - ABN 69 198 394 100
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org PHONE: (02)